Sexual extortion is a very serious Delaware sex crime. It involves manipulating someone to perform a sexual act under the threat of harm, injury or blackmail. Sexual extortion is a felony in Delaware that can result in you going to jail, prison, losing your and your family if convicted. If you are facing Sexual Extortion charges in Delaware you need to speak with a Delaware Sexual Extortion Defense Lawyer immediately.
Sexual Extortion Laws In Delaware
§ 774. Sexual extortion; class E felony.
A person is guilty of sexual extortion when the person intentionally compels or induces another person to engage in any sexual act involving contact, penetration or intercourse with the person or another or others by means of instilling in the victim a fear that, if such sexual act is not performed, the defendant or another will:
(1) Cause physical injury to anyone;
(2) Cause damage to property;
(3) Engage in other conduct constituting a crime;
(4) Accuse anyone of a crime or cause criminal charges to be instituted against anyone;
(5) Expose a secret or publicize an asserted fact, whether true or false, intending to subject anyone to hatred, contempt or ridicule;
(6) Falsely testify or provide information or withhold testimony or information with respect to another’s legal claim or defense; or
(7) Perform any other act which is calculated to harm another person materially with respect to the other person’s health, safety, business, calling, career, financial condition, reputation or personal relationships.
Sexual extortion is a class E felony.
Contact A Dover Delaware Sexual Extortion Defense Attorney
Do not hesitate to contact our Georgetown Delaware Sexual Extortion Defense Attorneys. They have experience as a defense attorney and as a prosecutor. Let him put his experience to work for you. Our Massachusetts criminal lawyers handle criminal and OUI cases in all of Massachusetts including Boston, Lowell, Lynn, Quincy, New Bedford, Fall River, Newton, Somerville, Framingham, Malden, Waltham, Haverhill, Taunton, Plymouth, Brookline, Weymouth and Chicopee, MA.